STEP 1 – THE BEGINNING
• We get acquainted with a free on-site consultation, where we discuss your project with you to gain an understanding of your vision, goals, expectations and priorities. This ensures that we can make informed recommendations on how to meet your needs. We will also discuss your budget and time lines.
• Next, we will prepare a Design-Build Agreement, which will outline the scope of your project. At this time, the agreement is signed and design fee is paid, which is later credited to your construction contract. Now we are ready to start. Let the journey begin.
STEP 2 – DESIGN AND REVIEW
• Your involvement can be a very deeply rewarding partnership experience providing a lasting sense of pride and accomplishment.
• We will visit your home or site, at this time we will verify all the details of your project and take measurements, confirm your vision, budget and schedule. From there, we will work on creating the space that you envision.
• We will arrange a design review meeting with you once the plans are ready, to look over them in detail. Depending on the complexity of your project, there may be only one design review meeting or several.
STEP 3 – SELECTIONS AND BUDGET
• You will now have the chance to decide on some of the most important finishes and details, and we will guide you through the process. We will help you at your Selections Meeting or meetings, where you will be choosing flooring, appliances, cabinetry, lighting design, and much more. This important step helps us prepare an accurate proposal.
• Next, we schedule meetings with key trade contractors. We will take this time to review plans, confer with one another on any outstanding questions. This ensures that everyone working on your project understands the plans, your desires and the schedule.
• Once all of the selections and designs are finalized, we’ll present and review the drawings and selections in a final Plan Review Meeting.
• We will then prepare a final cost analysis and construction budget for your approval and sign the construction contract.
STEP 4 – PRE CONSTRUCTION MEETING, AND THEN…. WE START.
• We now discuss logistics and expectations with you at a pre-construction meeting before starting work on your project.
• Once work has started, we’ll conduct a weekly walk-through with you where we’ll ask for your feedback on the progress to date.
• We consider this a critical part of the process, as it is our goal to make sure that we are meeting your expectations and keeping you updated on the schedule every step of the way.
STEP 5 – COMPLETION
• Before we finish, when the work is nearly completed, we will prepare a final completion list (Punch List), noting any outstanding items. We will work to complete all of these items as quickly as possible.
• Now just relax and enjoy your new space!